Freitag, 16. Januar 2015

Fragmente: Sweet Brother Sleep

Sweet brother of mine
Come look at the time
It's past bedtime, I'm sure you'll agree
I'll just brush out my hair
Find a pillow somewhere
Then it's right off to dreamland for me


Sweet brother of night
Come douse all the lights
Crawl under the sheets with me
Together we're warm
And safe from all harm
No matter how cold it might be

Oh beautiful friend
Will you please hold my hand
For I fear that without it, I'm lost
So please scatter my mind
Make me helpless and blind
For tonight I will not mind the cost

Oh brother in black
See the wings on my back
They carry us far from this world
For a moment, forget
All the pain and regret
And marvel at wonders untold

And after the dream
When enough has been seen
Let shadows envelop my head
Let my soul fall apart
Calm my shivering heart
For a while, let me rest with the dead

Then I suddenly wake
And it's not even eight
Still I feel your embrace slip away
All too soon you are gone
Tell me, what have I done?
To be left here in fear and dismay

For one little kiss,
For a moment of bliss,
I have given you all I could be
But you left me to weep
Oh sweet brother sleep
Why have you forsaken me?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen